Through the employment training taxes you’ve paid, the State of California Employment Training Panel (ETP) offsets the cost of employee training for qualifying businesses. These funds are available through RSCCD’s Customized Training Institute.
Do I Qualify?
State funded ETP training is for employers located in the state of California that are subject to the California State Unemployment Insurance Tax and the Employment Training Tax. All Participating companies must have completed the ETP Certification Statement 100E prior to the start of training for their employees to be eligible.
Employer / Company Requirements
California companies may qualify to receive ETP-funded training for their employees providing:
- The company is for-profit and subject to the Employment Training Tax
- The company has less than a 20% turnover rate
- The company uses a California Employer Account Number (CEAN) to report wages
Trainee Eligibility: All trainees must be:
- California residents
- Full-time employees of your company, working at least 35 hours per week
- Paid their regular wages while participating in ETP funded training
- Willing to provide their Social Security number and wage/salary for enrollment in the ETP program
- Retained by the company for a minimum of 90 days following the training.
90 days after the completion of training each trainee must earn the ETP applicable minimum hourly rate or more.